Hello, Holy Family School Community:
- Please find attached a Revised Consultation Session Memo with upcoming dates for consultation.
- There will be no regular Kindergarten classes on Friday, February 20th. Kinderstart will be taking place for the morning and afternoon sessions.
- January- February Newsletter is now available using the provided link. Keep up on the latest with your school newsletter.
- Starting Monday, February 2, 2015 there will be NEW menu and price list in effect. Please check the following link for the http://hfsparadise.com/school-calendar/
- Don’t be afraid of Twitter…https://twitter.com/holyfamilyscho2 loads of pictures and up to the minute notices/ coverage. Try it.
- Parents/ Guardians are reminded that students are still going outside at recess and lunch playtime. Proper winter clothing including hats, mitts and snow pants are needed.
- Get to know our school by reading our Tweets. Each day, parents are signing up to see what is going on at Holy Family Elementary School. We have over 300 Twitter followers! Are you a follower?
School is closed for the day.
Due to power issues, school opening will be delayed by 2 hours. Kindergarten classes are cancelled for the morning. Consult NLESD website and local media for up to date information.
Please find below a link to updated information on the Revised Presentation and Reconfiguration Options for Holy Family Elementary, Paradise.
HFE Memo – February 26 2015
OPTIS is now open for Parent Teacher Interviews which will take place on March 12th. Please see the following:
Friday, February 27th OPTIS (Online Parent-Teacher Interview Scheduler) will open for parents/guardians. Please note that this system will be used to schedule appointments with all teachers (homeroom, physical education, music and instructional resource (special services) teachers). Please see instructions on how to access and use this system at the end of this email. If you require any assistance, please contact the school office.
Tuesday, March 10th OPTIS (Online Parent Teacher Interview Scheduler) closes for parents at 3:30 p.m. any appointments which need to be scheduled or changed after this time have to be arranged through the individual teacher.
Tuesday, March 10th Report cards will be distributed to students at dismissal.
Thursday, March 12th Parent-teacher conferences for K-6 parents/guardians. To accommodate these important meetings, there will be no classes for kindergarten students and grades 1-6 students will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m. on this day. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss your child’s academic progress.
Please see OPTIS instructions on the following pages…
- Online Parent-Teacher Interview Scheduler – Parent Instructions
How do I register a new account so I can start making appointments?
- -Please note that for term one all parent accounts will be new.
- -At the User Login screen (the first page you see), click the link which reads New Parents: Start By Clicking Here.
- -You should now see a registration form. Fill in the required information and click the Continue link located at the bottom of the form.
- -Note: Ensure that you enter your correct email address as information you need to activate your account will be emailed to that address.
- -Please check your email and follow the instructions to confirm your email address and activate your account.
I already have an account but I can’t remember my password. What do I do?
- -If you have lost your password, it can be emailed to you.
- -At the OPTIS login screen (the first page you see). Click the link Lost your password? Click here.
- -You should now see a form with an Email Address field. Enter your email address here and click the Continue link.
- -Your password will now be emailed to you.
- -Check your email to retrieve your password.
- -You may now go back to the log in screen and log in with your email address and password.
- -Note: If you receive an error saying that your email address is not registered, then your account may have been removed by an administrator.
How do I schedule appointments?
- -Click the Make Appointments link from the menu.
- -Next, you will need to enter some information about your children. When done, click the Continue link.
- -* If you have more than 1 child attending this school, check the I want to add another child checkbox to add another child.
- -When you have finished adding your child/children, you will see the list of students who you have added to your account. Select which children you would like to make appointments for and click the Continue link.
- -On the next screen, you will see our parent-teacher conference date. Select this date.
- -Now, select from the list of teachers which teachers to make appointments with. Click the Continue link.
- -On the next screen, each teacher will have a drop-down box with a list of their available times listed. Select a time to reserve for each teacher, then click the Continue link.
How do I add my children to my account?
- -Locate the My Account link from the Menu.
- -A drop-down menu will appear. Click the My Children link.
- -Enter your child’s first and last name into the form.
- -Click the Continue link at the bottom of the form.
How do I change the time of an appointment that I have already scheduled?
- -Click the My Schedule link from the menu. You should now see a list of appointments you have made.
- -Click the Edit Appointment link next to an appointment.
- -Choose a new time from the options available and then click the Continue link.
How do I cancel an appointment that I have scheduled?
- -Click the My Schedule link from the menu. You should now see a list of appointments that you have made.
- -Click the Cancel Appointment icon next to an appointment.
How do I print my interview schedule?
- -Click the My Schedule link from the menu. You should now see a list of appointments you have scheduled.
- -Click the Printer-Friendly Schedule link. Your browser’s print dialogue will open. Select a printer and click the Print or OK button.
We are asking that students and staff wear school colors for that day. The Inclusive Practices Committee, consisting of several teachers, has planned some interesting activities in an effort to raise awareness of diversity and the importance of respecting the many differences among us all.
Click the link below to read official memo.
February 27th is Acceptance Day
Please find below a link to updated information on the upcoming public consultation session for Holy Family Elementary.
Revised Consultation Session Memo
As a winter storm is forecast for Thursday evening, the District will hold both public information sessions on Wednesday, February 11, 2015.
The session for parents/guardians of Paradise Elementary and Elizabeth Park Elementary will take place in the gymnasium of Paradise Elementary at 5:30 p.m. This is the same evening as previously scheduled, though the time has changed.
The session for Holy Family Elementary will take place at 7:30 p.m. at Holy Family Elementary gymnasium. This is a change in date and time.
The full memo can be read at the following link: February Meeting Change Memo – February 9 2015 2