Hello, Holy Family School Community:
- Please find attached a Revised Consultation Session Memo with upcoming dates for consultation.
- There will be no regular Kindergarten classes on Friday, February 20th. Kinderstart will be taking place for the morning and afternoon sessions.
- January- February Newsletter is now available using the provided link. Keep up on the latest with your school newsletter.
- Starting Monday, February 2, 2015 there will be NEW menu and price list in effect. Please check the following link for the http://hfsparadise.com/school-calendar/
- Don’t be afraid of Twitter…https://twitter.com/holyfamilyscho2 loads of pictures and up to the minute notices/ coverage. Try it.
- Parents/ Guardians are reminded that students are still going outside at recess and lunch playtime. Proper winter clothing including hats, mitts and snow pants are needed.
- Get to know our school by reading our Tweets. Each day, parents are signing up to see what is going on at Holy Family Elementary School. We have over 300 Twitter followers! Are you a follower?
The memo regarding the Board of Trustees decision is available below.
Board of Trustees Decision – 2015
Holy Family’s PBS (Positive Behavior Supports) Matrix provides clear and consistent behavioural expectations that are to be used throughout the school. These behaviour expectations are being taught, practiced and modelled on a daily basis based on our Three B’s: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe.
Please look through the matrix and discuss the specific rules with your child.
PBS Matrix 2015
On Monday, April 20th at 7pm in the school gym.
Tickets are on sale now at the school office for $5.
We invite you to come experience our first performance as a drama club. The students have been working hard to entertain you with their musical talents.
See you there!
The following document will discuss the Board of Trustees Meeting held in Gander on March 13, 2015. HFE Memo – March 13 2015 3.
Further information can be found on the NLESD website below:
“The Newfoundland and Labrador English School District recognizes our students are facing increasing challenges and pressures from social media and the Internet. While we are aware there are many positives associated with these technologies, we also acknowledge that sometimes they may be used inappropriately. Great strides in educating our students about Internet and social media safety have been made in recent years, but we believe we can and should do even more.” NLESD Website
With this in mind, new curriculum has been developed to help students from K -12 become Digital Citizens. In Holy Family, the 3B’s are well known: Be Responsible, Be Respectful and Be Safe. These values are also being used to teach Digital Citizenship to our students.
Visit the NLESD website to learn more about this program and its importance to our students digital safety. Knowledge is Power.
Follow our Twitter site to keep up to date on all events and notices, including Digital Citizenship information and facts
School will be closing at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 12th for our Grade 1-6 students due to parent-teacher interviews. There will be no classes for kindergarten students on this day.
School will also be closed on Friday, March 13th due to a teacher professional development day. We will also be closed on Monday, March 16th due to a District holiday. Classes will resume on Tuesday, March 17, day 6 in the cycle.