OPTIS is now open for Parent Teacher Interviews which will take place on March 12th. Please see the following:
Friday, February 27th OPTIS (Online Parent-Teacher Interview Scheduler) will open for parents/guardians. Please note that this system will be used to schedule appointments with all teachers (homeroom, physical education, music and instructional resource (special services) teachers). Please see instructions on how to access and use this system at the end of this email. If you require any assistance, please contact the school office.
Tuesday, March 10th OPTIS (Online Parent Teacher Interview Scheduler) closes for parents at 3:30 p.m. any appointments which need to be scheduled or changed after this time have to be arranged through the individual teacher.
Tuesday, March 10th Report cards will be distributed to students at dismissal.
Thursday, March 12th Parent-teacher conferences for K-6 parents/guardians. To accommodate these important meetings, there will be no classes for kindergarten students and grades 1-6 students will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m. on this day. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss your child’s academic progress.
Please see OPTIS instructions on the following pages…
- -Go to our school website at www.hfsparadise.com. look under Parents tab and select OPTIS
How do I register a new account so I can start making appointments?
- -Please note that for term one all parent accounts will be new.
- -At the User Login screen (the first page you see), click the link which reads New Parents: Start By Clicking Here.
- -You should now see a registration form. Fill in the required information and click the Continue link located at the bottom of the form.
- –Note: Ensure that you enter your correct email address as information you need to activate your account will be emailed to that address.
- -Please check your email and follow the instructions to confirm your email address and activate your account.
I already have an account but I can’t remember my password. What do I do?
- -If you have lost your password, it can be emailed to you.
- -At the OPTIS login screen (the first page you see). Click the link Lost your password? Click here.
- -You should now see a form with an Email Address field. Enter your email address here and click the Continue link.
- -Your password will now be emailed to you.
- -Check your email to retrieve your password.
- -You may now go back to the log in screen and log in with your email address and password.
- -Note: If you receive an error saying that your email address is not registered, then your account may have been removed by an administrator.
How do I schedule appointments?
- -Click the Make Appointments link from the menu.
- -Next, you will need to enter some information about your children. When done, click the Continue link.
- -* If you have more than 1 child attending this school, check the I want to add another child checkbox to add another child.
- -When you have finished adding your child/children, you will see the list of students who you have added to your account. Select which children you would like to make appointments for and click the Continue link.
- -On the next screen, you will see our parent-teacher conference date. Select this date.
- -Now, select from the list of teachers which teachers to make appointments with. Click the Continue link.
- -On the next screen, each teacher will have a drop-down box with a list of their available times listed. Select a time to reserve for each teacher, then click the Continue link.
How do I add my children to my account?
- -Locate the My Account link from the Menu.
- -A drop-down menu will appear. Click the My Children link.
- -Enter your child’s first and last name into the form.
- -Click the Continue link at the bottom of the form.
How do I change the time of an appointment that I have already scheduled?
- -Click the My Schedule link from the menu. You should now see a list of appointments you have made.
- -Click the Edit Appointment link next to an appointment.
- -Choose a new time from the options available and then click the Continue link.
How do I cancel an appointment that I have scheduled?
- -Click the My Schedule link from the menu. You should now see a list of appointments that you have made.
- -Click the Cancel Appointment icon next to an appointment.
How do I print my interview schedule?
- -Click the My Schedule link from the menu. You should now see a list of appointments you have scheduled.
- -Click the Printer-Friendly Schedule link. Your browser’s print dialogue will open. Select a printer and click the Print or OK button.