8:40 – Buses arrive, Students go to classrooms
8:55 – Warning Bell
9:00 – Instruction Begins
10:30 – Recess
10:45 – Instruction Resumes
12:15 – Lunch
1:00 – Warning Bell
1:05 – Instruction Resumes
3:05 – Dismissal
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2016-17
|September 6 – Admin Day||January 3 – School Re-opens|
|September 7 – School Opens for Students||March 16 – Parent/Teacher Conferences|
|September 20 – Curriculum Night||April 13 – School Closes Easter Vacation|
|October 10 – Thanksgiving Day Holiday||April 24 – School Re-opens|
|November 11 – Remembrance Day Holiday||May 22 – Victoria Day Holiday|
|December 1 – Parent/Teacher Conferences||June 21 – School Closes Summer Vacation|
|December 21 – School Closes Christmas Vacation|
Holy Family Elementary learning together progressively to empower all students to achieve in an inclusive and active environment.
SCHOOL DISCIPLINE CODE
The purpose of our school discipline code is to create an environment of mutual respect and self discipline which provides a positive, safe, orderly, learning environment and nurtures students’ self concept and self esteem according to a consistent set of regulations and procedures.
STUDENTS CONDUCT AND RESPECT
The basis of all behaviour is respect. All students in our school are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner which shows respect for themselves, their teachers, their fellow students and all other school personnel. Also all our students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which shows respect for one’s own property, the property of others and the school. Remember the Three B’s – be Respectful, be Safe and be Responsible.
All students in our school are expected to:
- Be Responsible, Be Respectful and Be Safe- follow the three B’s
- In the case of absence or lateness, bring a written note from a parent or guardian stating the reason for the absence or lateness.
- Move quietly and orderly and to the right when moving throughout the building.
- Use the main entrance when entering school and exit to the buses through designated exits at dismissal time, quietly, and orderly in a single line keeping to the right.
- Wear appropriate clothing when attending school.
- Obtain an early dismissal slip from the office if leaving school before regular school dismissal time.
- If absent from school:
Upon returning, students should bring a note from parent/guardian to the homeroom teacher explaining the reason for the absence.
- If late for school, the student should obtain a late slip from the office before proceeding to class.
- Be aware that fighting with or threatening other students will not be tolerated in school at any time.
- Refrain from behaviour that endangers the safety of other students such as pushing, shoving, running, etc. within the class and school.
- When riding the school bus, remain seated while travelling to and from school; as well as conduct themselves in such a way as not to endanger the safety of themselves or others on the school buses.
The School Lunch Program operates our cafeteria services. Visit schoollunch.ca for more information.
FIELD TRIP PERMISSION SLIPS
Students participating in field trips must have a signed permission slip. This permission slip must be signed by a parent or guardian and passed in to their teacher prior to the field trip.
Any student who must bring prescription drugs to school needs to follow these guidelines:
1. Parents fill out the necessary forms. You can get these from the office or download them from the school website and discuss them with office personnel.
2. Please be advised that the school is not permitted to administer non- prescription drugs such as tylenol, aspirin, etc. unless they are prescribed by a doctor.